A Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) is a commitment to meet quality improvement goals. By developing the plan, Temiskaming Hospital outlines how we will continue to improve the quality of care provided to our patients.
As part of the development process of our 2018/19 Quality Improvement Plan, Temiskaming Hospital would like to ensure that the voice of our community is embedded within these improvement initiatives to ensure a patient centered approach to care. Please review our proposed Quality Improvement Plan and let us know what you think!
Our draft 2018/19 QIP includes a number of priority indicators and improvement ideas that are reflective of the transformational work underway across our organization and focuses on priorities of patient engagement and experience, integration and coordination of services, patient flow/access and to deliver better care at better value.
The following quality improvement goals for 2017-18 are to improve access, efficiency and quality of the care and services we deliver by:
- Reducing readmission rates for patients with Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Mental Health or Addictions conditions.
- Improving access to the right level of care by reducing unnecessary time spent in hospital – Reduce Alternate Level of Care (ALC) days.
- Improving patient satisfaction in Emergency Department & Inpatient Departments.
- Improving safety by increasing the number of patients receiving medication reconciliation upon discharge.
- Improving timely access to care/services by reducing Emergency Department length of stay for complex patients.
- Strengthening transitions from hospital to home by ensuring adequate information at discharge.
- Improving workplace safety by reinforcing a culture of awareness, reporting and prevention. (Please note this indicator is mandatory as per the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care)
Please take a look at this year’s Quality Improvement Plan here.
To learn more about Ontario Quality Improvement Plans click here..
Once you have reviewed our draft QIP, we would love to hear your perspective on what quality improvement ideas are important to you! Any feedback or new ideas to strengthen the QIP are encouraged and welcomed! Please submit your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.